Here We Go Again!

As the summer tiptoes out the door, it looks like we are well into another round of COVID pandemic. The Delta Variant is more infectious, certainly more dangerous to children, and we have a crowd of folks who refuse to get vaccinated while the rest of us are nervously waiting as our vaccines expire for boosters to be available. We hear a new, even MORE infectious virus is bedeveling the folks in Africa, and likely soon will threaten the rest of us.

It was great to have a pause this summer. We could get together again with friends and family, go out to eat, walk through the malls, show up for church on Sunday morning qne sing in the choir. No one wants to retreat into another round of quarantine.

Fall is whispering to us in the cool evenings, and the children are back in school before Labor Day. I cannot believe how my grandchildren have grown this past year. Rylan is turning into a teenager this week! And Sean is fast behind him. Carys is in first grade. No more babies, my daughter Rebekah tells me, much as we all love the little ones.

I am trying to get myself set up for what is coming. We got the car serviced, even though I haven't driven it much since Jesse passed in February. My duaghter and her wife are taking it on a brief road trip over the Labor Day holiday. I'm getting my office organized for writing, art and Zooming to seminars. I'll be teaching a class in a couple weeks, called the Seekers. The living room is rearranged into a library.

This past week with some friends (on line) I came up with the idea to become a late night talk show host. I would invite people to share their visions and dreams: love, joy, peace, inspiration...I'm up for hearing more inspiration and less politics, war, injustice and death.  I don't think we have stopped dreaming, but we have stopped sharing our dreams, the ones that make our hearts sing. So stay tuned! I'm going to have to learn about podcasts and YouTube and probably lots I haven't yet considered.

But if you want to "dream a little dream with me," get in touch.